The PMCQ features Thermal-Pak II® Coil with CrossCool™ Internal Tube Enhancement for increased internal heat transfer coefficient of the coil and thus increased the cooling capacity of the unit. The PMCQ offers the most models and box sizes in the industry and is designed with IBC Compliant Construction.
PMCQ Evaporative Condenser
- CrossCool enhanced for greater heat exchange
- 50% reduction in energy consumption compared to traditional centrifugal fan condenser models
- Ranging in capacity from 750 to 7679 kW
- Dry operation possible
- Super low sound fans are standard
- Individual fan drive systems
- Man sized access doors
- IBC Compliant – Independently certified by the International Building Code to withstand seismic and wind load forces in North America
The refrigerant gas is discharged from the compressor into the inlet connection of the evaporative condenser. Water from the condenser’s sump is continuously flooded over the condenser coil, while ambient air is simultaneously forced into the unit. As the ambient air moves up through the coil section, a portion of the spray water is evaporated into the air stream. The evaporative process cools the spray water, which in turn cools the tubes containing the refrigerant gas. The cool tube walls cause the refrigerant gas to give up heat and condense into a liquid. The condensed liquid flows out of the coil’s sloping tubes to the high pressure liquid receiver for return to the system. The hot, saturated air is driven through the drift eliminators, where any entrained water droplets are removed. The condenser’s fan then discharges this air stream out of the top of the unit at a high velocity, where it can dissipate harmlessly into the atmosphere. The water which was not evaporated falls into the sump and is recirculated by the spray pump to the water distribution system above the condensing coil section.
Thermal-Pak II Coil
EVAPCO's patented Thermal-Pak II coils assures maximum cooling capacity. The airflow through the coil is counterflow to the fluid flow, providing the most efficient heat transfer process. A special coil design is utilized to reduce the air pressure drop through the unit while maximizing tube surface area and increasing its heat transfer capabilities.
- Elliptical return bends allows for more circuits per coil bundle increasing the maximum capacity per footprint
- Coil located in airstream increasing dry bulb switchover temperature
- CrossCool Internal Tube Enhancement increase fluid turbulence providing additional evaporative capacity
- Available in type 304 SS or type 316 SS construction
- Limits the drift rate to less than 0.001% of the recirculating water rate
- Limit the potential of spreading Legionella
- Constructed of an inert polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
Pressurized Water Distribution System
EVAPCO's Zero Maintenance ZMII® spray nozzle remains clog free while providing even and constant water distribution, providing the industry's best performing non-corrosive, maintenance-free water distribution system.
- ZMII spray nozzles have a 1-1/4" diameter opening and a 1-1/4" splash plate clearance
- Mounted in corrosion-free PVC water distribution pipes that have threaded end caps
- Provides unequaled coil coverage and scale prevention
Oversized Access Door
For enhanced basin accessibility, the Oversized Access Doors enable maintenance personnel to quickly and easily enter the basin for float valve adjustment and unit inspection, cleaning and maintenance.
Individual Fan Drive System
The PMCQ fan drive system provides individual motor to fan configuration as standard equipment on all models.
Stainless Steel Casing & Fan Section
- Available in Type 304 or Type 316 Stainless Steel
- Includes the entire upper section including fan guard
Stainless Steel Thermal-Pak II Coil
- Available in Type 304 or Type 316 Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Coils provide Superior corrosion resistance for hostile environments and is available with the standard EVAPCO lead time! The Evapco 304 SST coil option can be manufactured as an ASME coil.
FACTORY-MOUNTED Water Treatment Systems
Available with FACTORY-MOUNTED water treatment systems, providing environmentally sensitive alternatives for treating water in evaporative cooled equipment.
- SmartShield solid chemical water treatment system
- Pulse-Pure CHEMICAL-FREE water treatment system
Available with multiple equipment options to aid in the maintenance of the condenser.
- Sump Sweeper Piping
- Service Platform
- Perimeter Handrailing
|Betriebs- und Wartungsanleitung fur Kühltürme für geschlossene Kreisläufe und Kältemittel-Vedunstungsverflüssiger||4.94 MB||O & M||German|
|Betriebs- und Wartungsanleitung Für Rückkühler für geschlossene Kreisläufe und Verdunstungsverflüssiger||13.31 MB||O & M||German|
|Ergänzung zur Montage- und Zusammenbauanweisung||336.86 KB||O & M||German|
|EVAPCO Evaporative Condensers product range flyer||6.05 MB||Catalog||English|
|Evapco Gamme Condenseurs Evaporatifs Bulletin 360||6.1 MB||Catalog||French|
|EVAPCO Global Product Catalog||12.89 MB||English|
|EVAPCO Leitfaden für die Aggregateaufstellung||3.46 MB||Catalog||German|
|EVAPCO PMCE-Q Bulletin 110-D_0618||3.88 MB||Catalog||German|
|EVAPCO PMCE-Q Bulletin 110-E_0618||3.82 MB||Catalog||English|
|EVAPCO Produktübersicht Gegenstrom-Verdunstungsverflüssiger||6.11 MB||Catalog||German|
|Media name||Drawing Type||Drawing Format||Product Model|
|PMCQ-1020 CAD Drawing||CAD Drawing||CAD Drawing (.dwg)||PMCQ-1020|
|PMCQ-1020 REVIT/3D Model||Revit/3D Model||Revit/3D Model (.rfa)||PMCQ-1020|
|PMCQ-1020 Steel Support (English)||Steel Support||Print (.pdf)||PMCQ-1020|
|PMCQ-1020 Steel Support (Metric)||Steel Support||Print (.pdf)||PMCQ-1020|
|PMCQ-1020 Unit Certified (English)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||PMCQ-1020|
|PMCQ-1020 Unit Certified (Metric)||Unit Certified||Print (.pdf)||PMCQ-1020|
|PMCQ-1034 CAD Drawing||CAD Drawing||CAD Drawing (.dwg)||PMCQ-1034|
|PMCQ-1034 REVIT/3D Model||Revit/3D Model||Revit/3D Model (.rfa)||PMCQ-1034|
|PMCQ-1034 Steel Support (English)||Steel Support||Print (.pdf)||PMCQ-1034|
|PMCQ-1034 Steel Support (Metric)||Steel Support||Print (.pdf)||PMCQ-1034|